Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes’s Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The department of Clinical Access, Site Registration is actively seeking a Manager, Patient Access. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team and managing the daily front end revenue cycle business operations and activities of the on-site Patient Access and Ancillary/ Clinic Support Services.
- Recruits, supervises, trains, and disciplines staff, and prepares performance reports.
- Manages day – to – day activities of personnel to ensure the timely registration of patients, accurate data entry of patient biographical and financial information, and proper payment collection.
- Review s records to ensure that each patient was properly verified for insurance purposes and that proper information was written on each patient ’s chart prior to clinic date.
- Serves as department expert on registration, insurance verification , and documentation guidelines.
- Ensures adequate staffing is maintained on a 24 – hour basis.
- Assists in the dev elopment and implementation of the department’s annual budget.
- Works with upper management to generate strat egy and operational initiatives, and policies.
- Maintains current knowledge of rules and regulations and educates staff on any variations.
- Establishe s and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with Unive rsity policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant experience required, preferably in an out-patient department, or admitting department in a healthcare related setting.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Full timeEmployee Type: